Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Evolving Diet

Have you noticed any changes in your diet since entering the program? I have, for example, I seem to eat a lot of junk that requires no refridgeration and fulfills the criteria of speed and portability. I think I, as well as my family, have forgotten what real food looks, tastes and smells like. This morning, I thought that it would be nice to have something hot tonight, requiring a cooking time of more than 90 seconds. I asked my daughter to put a ham in the oven on a low enough temp, so that I could come home after clinicals and finish the dinner. When I got home, my daughter asked me how the ham looked. So I looked in the oven. I could have sworn that that ham looked just like a whole chicken, swimming in water, with a plastic absorbent pad stuck to it's butt (That just shows you how long I've been away from the kitchen). I told her it looks great (never criticize a helping hand), seasoned it, cranked up the heat, made the rest of the go-withs, and we all had a nice ham dinner. Now, I have one question, can anyone tell me when ham started growing wings?

No comments: