Monday, August 01, 2005

I Heard This Today

I was doing an EKG in ER today, on a diabetic client who had double AKAs (above the knee amputations). He told me the name of the Doctor who had amputated his legs (I knew this very serious doctor). After surgery, the client said to the Doctor, "I am going to sue you." He said that the doctor turned around and looked at him, while he continued, "I used to be 6'3" and now I am 3'11" and you have to be at least 4' to be able to get on any of the good rides at Disneyland." The client then told me that the Doctor looked at him and said, "Go ahead and try, but you don't have a leg to stand on."

That was so funny to hear this man and his wife tell that story about this Doctor. It was also great to see such a positive attitude.

Later that day, I was told by a 104 yr old redheaded lady, that I should take care of myself or I might end up visiting the hospital like her. I should be so lucky! She had it all together and was just in for a slight respiratory problem.

No comments: